Saturday 3 May 2014

Mac Lipstick - Crosswires

Mac Crosswires £15
Well here it is- the third addition to my Mac lipstick collection (it is slowly growing...tediously). After spending a whole night humming and harr-ing over which lipstick to get (it's a long process), I had a sort of epiphany and decided that I wanted a brighter lipstick in my collection. Thus, Crosswires (Cremesheen) was bought. In the bullet, the colour looks more corally and sheeny whereas it looks brighter on my lips.

'On lips' swatch
I actually think this is the first image on the blog taken at this angle! As you can see, the colour looks more yellow toned on the lips than it is in the bullet. This isn't neccessarily a bad point, but it isn't to be expected.Sadly, I feel that this colour looks better on more olive skin tones than it does on my pale complexion- maybe I can try this again in the summer! On the other hand, this lipstick has made me braver in looking for brighter lipsticks for the summer season. I'm thinking that blue toned colours suit me more so I want to try Mac's Lady Danger, Girl about Town and Morange- what do you think? Admittedly, it looks like the colour has a frost finish in the image above yet it doesn't in person. I have found that this particular shade lasts alot longer on the lips than my other Cremesheen lipsticks; maybe that's because it is a bolder colour? Also, this is the only Cremesheen that I have that gets stuck on my teeth during the day (not on application) which confuses me slightly.

I'm always interested in seeing what you have to say and how your comments can help me/other readers, so please comment and we can have a chit chat!

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...