Monday 3 February 2014

Sleek Matte Me - Petal


Sleek Matte Me lip cream in the shade Petal

Suddenly I have had a recent obsession with Sleek due to their amazing face form palette which I use daily. I have decided to branch out into the brand's other lesser-known products and stumbled across their lip creams. I haven't seen too much rave about these in the blogosphere so I thought I'd give it a go, and I love it. Since the formulation of this cream is matte, it can be a bit drying on the lips. I've found that if you apply lip balm just before you apply this cream, it makes your lips very sticky and uncomfortable to wear. This particular shade is quite natural on my skin tone yet it looks more pinky in person. I would describe the colour as a barbie yellow toned pink.


The doe-foot applicator is quite dry due to the formulation of the product and feels like a marker pen when you slide it across your lips. However, the staying power of these creams is amazing! I would describe this cream as more of a stain due to how long it clings to your lips yet this has consequences. It is awful to remove with a makeup wipe and leaves an unattractive pink ring on the edges of your lips on the morning after. Nevertheless, the first few hours of wearing this product is an absolute dream and makes me feel confident knowing that I have something on my lips that isn't noticeable to my touch. I am aware that there are 'Gloss me' versions of this cream that I haven't yet discovered as I would prefer to use a glossy lipstick than a lip gloss- that's just my preference though.

Have you tried this product?

Hannah x










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...