Tuesday 4 February 2014

Mac Lipstick - Pure Zen

Mac Lipstick in the shade Pure Zen - £15
Finally! I have purchased my first Mac lipstick and I am so so pleased with my first choice! Last week, I went into my local Mac store in Norwich with my mum to find a lipstick to wear to my Prom in June. We both decided on Peach Blossom (a sheer pinky nude) which we then found out was out of stock. The lady at the counter recommended  we tried Hue- this also was out of stock...not having the best of luck. So I unfortunately walked out empty handed. However, I managed to find myself in the store again today and after alot of swatching I found this colour, Pure Zen. I was in a toss up between this colour and Patisserie (a browny nude), which were luckily both in stock. Helpfully, the lady at the counter swatched the colours on me and said that Pure Zen suited me the most, so here we are!


Pure Zen is a Cream sheen formula lipstick which means that it is a creamy, glossy balm that glides onto the lips with ease. One top tip, make sure that you have applied a lip balm before applying Mac lipsticks as it makes flaky lips look horrendous (as I found out). On me, the shade is a muted peach colour which looks more pink in the image above. In natural light I think that the lipstick will look more pink as it does in the bullet, yet in artificial lights it looks more peachy and old lady-ish. I have paired this lipstick with a clear MUA lipgloss as I think it adds more dimension to my lips and doesn't make them look so frosty. All in all, I am extremely happy with my first Mac purchase and long let it continue! In all honesty, I think I could have chosen a better fitting colour personally but I don't think it's bad for a first timer!

Please let me know your favourite Mac lipstick below, I'd love to hear about it!

Hannah x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...